« September 2022 »
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
You are not logged in. Log in
This, That and Everything Else! A.K.A. Therapy!
Saturday, 21 July 2007
Mood:  not sure
Topic: Airline Industry


 I've finished my two and a half week tour of duty and I'm well, wired to the hilt.  I'm so friggen' tired but I can't seem to sleep.  I'm sure I'll be back to edit and add more later.

The pairings went pretty good.  Had a great and fun crew for the first pairing, the second crew, well, some what blaze, third crew we had some fun.

I'm mixed about alot of things right now and can't quite put my finger on it all but I'm sure it'll come out later.

Off to go put the feet up, cuddle with the cats and have dinner with the kids later!

Posted by ramper63 at 4:14 PM EDT
Saturday, 14 July 2007
Mood:  blue
Topic: Airline Industry

As the title says.......I'm bummed! Anyone else out there?  Hello?

Sitting in Ottawa, ONT Canada after dinner with the crew and I'm well.......bored!

Had a great crew last week.  Alot went on and had a great time each night.  My current crew isn't so bad it's just that I'm a little down right now.  I feel like I"m (no pun intended), on "Auto Pilot" living day to day and that's all there is to it.

All I can say is I hope that somehow I've put some sort of meaning in to someone's life without seeming like I'm some sort of "Crazy Psychopath".  I'm human too!

Sorry gang!  I just needed to vent!

Posted by ramper63 at 2:11 AM EDT
Tuesday, 26 June 2007
It's Therapy Time! A.K.A. "The Four Day From Hell!"
Mood:  smelly
Now Playing: "Forgotten" Avril Lavine
Topic: Airline Industry

Okay!  Where to start?!?!?

How about the fact that this is the "FOURTH TIME" I've put this entry in and hope that I don't hit the wrong key to delete it again!  UGH!Sealed

How about the day my dad calls me to tell me that while he's visiting a friend in West Virgina that Amtrak calls to tell him that his sleeper car that he paid for is now not a part of his return.  He's hyperventilating and stating that there's no way in hell he's taking a coach seat for the long duration of his trip home!  Okay, no problem dad!  What do you want me to do?  He wants me to put him on a flight home.  Allrighty then!  After last year there's no way in hell you're non-reving home given the fact that you have a health condition that I will not let you do that.   You are now going to pay for a ticket home with a "confirmed" seat!  I can't be there to travel with you so this is the only way you can do it.  Lucky for him we found a fare and a seat that was affordable.  My son met him at the airport and took him home.  Ofcourse, after I insisted that he took a wheelchair from the gat to the car!

Now, let's start the "Four Day From Hell!"

I report for duty with time to spare for paperwork, heading to the gate to get the plane ready, meet the Captian, brief and board the flight.  Well, "Go Time" comes and goes and we still don't have our First Officer!  Captain calls operatons to find out where he is.  He's called in sick!  Okay, so, when are we going to get a First Officer?  Well, we have to wait for a flight to come in so they can get one.  Okay!  We wait and we finally get one for our first turn of the pairing.

First turn of the pairing comes and goes.  Our first First Officer comes and goes.  We then head to the gate for our next set of flights while we wait for our second First Officer.  Time passes....say oh, an hour and a half (play "Jeopardy Theme Song").  No First Officer.  Captain calls operations to find out where he is.  He's on a flight from another outstation that's been delayed.  Okay, we look at each other....dinner?  Okay, we get something to eat.  Another hour passes, still no First Officer!  Captain calls operations again to find out where he is.  He's diverting for fuel!  Allrighty then!  Now what?  Operations says they're finding another First Officer!  Another hour passes, we get another First Officer!  Yay!  We board!  Last passenger boards, I close the cabin door and we're hit with a major storm that includes hail pelletting the plane!  Guess what?  We have to wait for push back!

Finally the storm passes!  I do my safety demonstration!  I hear a ding! It's the Captain calling saying that we're going to the "Ballpark" to hold for another hour or so indefinatly because of A.T.C.  Allrighty then!  I can handle this!  I just plaster on that "Smile" and start the snack/water service until we find out more!

Two hours pass and we're "finally" on our way to the second for five destinations of the day.  I can't be more thankful for a great group of passengers than I've ever had.  Especially after enduring a delay at the gate, delay on the ground before finally getting to thier desitnation!  They were fantastic!

We get to our destination, turn that flight and head to the next to only find out that we were staying the night there.  Our last flight of the night was re-crewed because of our extended delay!

We head to the hotel, check-in and being a smoker I ask if there's any smoking rooms left (our company only books non-smoking rooms), well, none left!  No suprise with the way things have been going.  We all head to our rooms, I settle in, head outside for one last smoke before calling it a night!

Next morning:  I wake-up, head outside for a smoke then grab a wonderful breakfast of a farmer's omlette, milk, o.j. and coffee!  Then head outside for one more smoke before getting ready for our flight back to base to pick up the rest of our pairing.

After getting out of the shower I check my schedule to only find out that our next set of flights has been cancelled leaving us staying the night in base before catching our "next" set of flights!

I inform the Captain of the situation and we meet outside catching the van to the airport for our deadhead back to base.  We head to the airport, check-in for our dead-head back to base and head to the gate to only find out that that flight is now delayed by an hour due to A.T.C.

Oooookay!  We take it in stride!  No worries!  Just accept it as it is and start joking how long it's going to take me to either head to the ice cream parlour or "Cinnabon" for something sweet to eat.  Well, not enough of a delay for that before they start boarding us.  We board the flight, settle in and push back for our return to base.  We head for the runway and the plane pulls off to the side.  The Captain of this flight comes on to state that we have been delayed and given a "Wheels-Up" time of 45 minutes later.

Allrighty then!  So, I start a conversation with the two girls sitting next to me, one of whom was flying for the first time, and sharing magazines!

Finally comes the time for us to approach the runway!  We line-up for take-off, start our roll and the abort!  Another A.T.C. delay!

Time passes and we finally take-off!  We arrive at base, head to the shuttle area for our hotel, head to the hotel were we find mirads of folks waiting to check-in because of the delays and cancelleation's.  We check-in, I ask if there are any smoking rooms left and am given a look of "Oh MY GOD!"  Okay, forget I asked!  I accept it, Captain and I agree to meet for something to eat in a half hour.  We eat, we go outside for my one last smoke before calling it a night.  Wake-up the following morning, eat breakfast, get dressed and decide to head to the airport earlier so I can have my smoke and get back in the swing of things hoping for a smoother day!  I call Captain to tell him of my plans and agree that I will meet him on the plane later.

All is good!  We meet on the plane, work of First Officer #3 at this point and head for our next destination.  We close on time, start taxxing!  Then, I hear a "ding".  Oh no!  What now?  We now have a maintainance issue!  Thus this flight is now delayed another two hours before we "finally" wheels-up two hours later!

We get to our destination, turn the flight as quickly as we possibly can and head back to base.  We get back to base and now have another issue!  As we reach the "Minnimums 100" mark I have a passenger at the back of the plane with a lap child holding her child, standing up (right before we touched down), in the aisle and slowly turning towrds the lav.  All I could do was think to myself..."oh NO!  This REALLY isn't happening now!"  Sure as all get out!  It was!  I immediatly yelled "Ma'am, please sit down!"  She didn't comply!  She was still standing in the aisle!  I again yelled..."MA'AM, SIT DOWN NOW!!!"  She was still standing in the aisle!  One more time...."MA'AM!  SIT DOWN NOOOOWWWWW!"  She finally sat down in the seat behind where she was, still holding her toddler and leaned her head on the seat back in front of her!

At this point I'm frayed!  We landed and I waited until we taxxied off of the runway before leaving my jumpseat to walk back to her to find out what was going on!

As I approached her, she was ill.  It was then decided that we needed to declare a medical emergency.  After all was said and done I had to leave her with medical assistance so I could then take my next flight of the pairing.  I could only hope that it would finally stop!  Like I said, I could only hope!

First Officer #4!  We're on our way to Canada!  Yay!  No hitch!  No delays, we board and our on our way!

We get there!  I go through customs, no problem, First Officer goes through, no problem!  Captain?  He's detained, questioned, held for another 45 minutes before we're FINALLY released!

We FINALLY get our cab to the hotel.  Get to the hotel only to find out that our rooms are no longer there!  Oooookay!  Now what?!?!?!?  Captain is on the phone trying to figure out where we're going to stay!  Hotel personelle are trying fratically to find us a place to stay.  NOTHING!  At this point I've decided that it's time to head outside for a smoke and then to start drinking my bottled water and pretending it's something else!  Then, after an hour and a half we have a hotel that has rooms for us.  Mind you it's a "Swanky Hotel" with suites for us.  Who cares?  I do!  At this point I just want to collapse!

We get there, ofcourse no smoking rooms left.  We get to our rooms, I head "OUTSIDE" for one more smoke before calling it a night, calling the front desk for n 0830 wake-up call.

Next morning:  I wake-up past the wake-up call.  Call the Captain to find out when our van time is, 45 miutes!!!!!!!  Oooookay!  I rush to spritz up and head outside for a smoke, snack on snacks on the way to the airport for our showtime, board the flight and get the heck out of "Dodge"!

The rest of the pairing went smoothly!  Thank goodness!  We finished our last turn after returning from Canada.  Captain briskly headed for his gate for his flight, First Officer #5 headed for his flight home and well, you know the rest of the story.  I remained at base!

All I can say is "WOW!"  Of my past year of inflight this has got to be the "WORST" four day pairing I've EVER had!

Anyone else with anything worse please chime in to let me know that I'm NOT ALONE in this!  All I can hope for is that at this time I've paid my pennence or suffered for any past life karma due!

Peace to all and "Safe Flying!"

Posted by ramper63 at 12:39 AM EDT
Tuesday, 19 June 2007

Mood:  lazy
Topic: Airline Industry

Sorry it's been a while since posting.  I've just been too lazy or otherwise too busy to post.

Update in brief:

I Lost my "Other Mommy" a week and a half ago to diabetes and congestive heart failure.  Although sad about her loss her long suffering is over.  I'm just down on myself for not taking the time to see her as much as I should have before she went.  Mommy Judy, you've got your wings now fly and be free!

Working issues:  My schedule isn't half bad it's just the commuting that's getting next to impossible.  The commute is becoming more stressful than the job itself at times so I've pretty much become a part-time resident in base to cut back on the stress of getting to and from.  Passenger loads are more than what they were last year and they're cancelling more flights than before.  They're also cutting back on the size of equiptment to handle the loads.

Last pairing, not bad.  Had a great FO.  She and I bonded somewhat.  And, tops of it all there's nothing like us girls, Female FO (mine), female CA (another DH'er), and two other F/A's getting a manicure on the plane (after passengers de-planed for long delay) in Milwaukee while waiting for long groundstop to Houston to be lifted.  Us girls had a blast!

For those coming here for "Entertainment" updates I regretfully must advise you that quite frankly, I've had enough of the industry.  If you're in to the "Rose Colored Glasses" aspect of it or want some juicy gossip you're not going to find it here anymore.  There are far more important issues going on in my life right now.  As a friend of mine states "That's the end all and be all of it!"

Home:  The usual!  Daughter moved back from university last week and is planning on staying in town for classes next fall (Thank the Goddess!  No more addition $500.00/mo for rent.), and is trying to find another job.  She did however take home another pet!  A ferrett!  This is going to go well with the dog and two cats!  Son is trying to find a different job as well.  But, they're few and far between here.  It's getting bad and we have a Mayor who thinks that free wireless internet downtown is more important than trying to fill the three vacant skyscraper's/building's with new business/jobs!

Otherwise, same-old, same-old!

Posted by ramper63 at 11:44 AM EDT
Thursday, 10 May 2007
It's Official!
Mood:  happy
Topic: Airline Industry

I am now an official "Hard Line" holder!  Whooooo!  Yay!  (Does the happy dance).  Allright guys, get your minds out of the gutter!  Yah, you know who you are!Wink

 Okay, some of you are sitting there scratching your heads and asking "What the hell is she talking about?"  A "Hard Line" is a schedule of flights that you can/have the opportunity to alter to make it a little more convienient for you to hopefully have some sort of quality of life with the days and times you fly as well as the days you have off.

Anywho, off I go to celebrate!

Posted by ramper63 at 6:21 PM EDT

Well, another long gap between posts.  April was VERY BUSY for me.  First three weeks of work I put in 113+ hours of work and I was frankly exhausted when I left for vacation.  I think I slept for the first two and a half days.

 I wound up going to Florida to visit with family.  I saw my uncle for the first time in 20+ years and he looked great!  Didn't spend as much time as I wanted to with him because towrds the end of our visit I came down with a horrible migrane.  Said my farewells to my family there and then headed back to the hotel to turn in early for my drive to Daytona the following day to spend the rest of my vacation there and visit with friends.

I know what most are thinking, "Daytona?  Why the hell Daytona?"  Well, easy answer...friends that live there and really no space on flights to go anywhere else.

Time spent there was worth it.  I had a mini-condo right smack dab on the beach.  Great for people watching and access to the beach where I promptly piled on the sun screen and lay there like a beached whale.  Ended up having a reaction to the sun screen that made me look like an albino dalmation.  Big red patches everywhere I put it on.  I don't know what's worse, that or getting sun burned!

I went back to work on the 1st with a good set of flights but the first two days I worked with a reserve Captian that has no business working if he doesn't like to "work".  He wasn't at all fun to fly with, had this attitude of "I either get things my way or everyone's miserable!"  Also very errogant.  The flight that took us in to our overnight was very turbulent and he didn't take time or effort to brief me on flight time, weather conditions, etc.  I damn near hit my head on the ceiling of the cabin the turbulence was so bad!  When we checked in at the hotel he promptly got his room key, waitied for the First Officer and then headed to the elevator while I was waiting for my key.  No offer for a room check, didn't let me know what room he was in in case I needed to contact him.  Then, as I finished checking in he stood in the elevator with the First Officer and looked straight at me as I was headed for it and closed the door.

 The next day we were delayed leaving on our first flight.  The Captiain and the First Officer (both on reserve), were suppose to be finished (?) after they returned to base.  The First Officer's cell phone rang and he picked it up.  It was scheduling calling to advise he and the Captian that thier pairing was modified with another flight.  When the First Officer told the Captain about the call the Captain proceeded, in front of the passengers, to ridicule the First Officer for even answering the phone if it was Crew Scheduling calling.  You could tell the First Officer wasn't pleased at all to continue with this jerk.  I felt for him!  My opinion?  What an ASS that Captain was and I was more than glad to see him off of the rest of the pairing.  The new Captain and First Officer for the balance of my pairing were very pleasant and fun to work with.  Just goes to show that you do have to deal with some real schmucks no matter where you work!

Otherwise, I'm sitting here anxiously awaiting the bid schedule for June to finalize.  The question bodes, "Hard Line or Relief Line?"  The bid for the month could have me at a bid seniority of say 200 for the hard line bid and it winds up actually being 220 for relief!  AAAArrrrggghhh!  What a tease!  It's a little frustrating to say the least but at least I have had a line of some sorts since January.

Time to check the bid awards.  Keep your fingers crossed and I'll let you know what happens!

Posted by ramper63 at 10:35 AM EDT
Tuesday, 6 March 2007

Mood:  lazy
Topic: Airline Industry

Just jotting a quick "Hello" to everyone out there!  Been relatively busy and that's a good thing.  Guess that explains why I'm being a little lazy.

Had eight days off recently but it was anything but time off.  Spent most of my time at home taking care of personal issues as well as number crunching for taxes.  Not to mention getting everything ready for the accountant.  Hopefully they'll find more deductions than I've come up with plus a few amendments to the past few years returns with the kids college tuition, etc.  I could really use the break this year!

I'm scheduled for vacation at the end of April and am still pondering where to go.  Ireland or swim with the dolphins in a warmer climate?  I'll come up with a decision at the last minute.  Spontonaiety is what I enjoy most.  Makes the adventure more fun!

Anywho, off to bed I go.  Had a real early show today, got to the overnite this morning, took a power nap, went out to eat with the crew, came back to the room and felt like doing pretty much nothing.  Still dealing with some issues but want to take my time in dealing with them.  It's going to take some time.

Until later!


Posted by ramper63 at 9:52 PM EST
Monday, 8 January 2007
Yes! This REALLY Happened!
Now Playing: Nanita - Rose Moore
I'm camping out in the crew room with the rest of my buds :::waves::: and had to take care of business in the middle of the night. I'm in the ladies room finishing up what nature intends and hear the door open, hear someone walk in the stall next to me and ofcourse think nothing of it. That is until...

....I hear this "splatter" on the floor from the stall next to me. I'm thinking "What the hell?!?!?" I look on the floor and see this, well... puddle forming. I think to myself "Oh no, this can't be!" It is! Someone's pissing on the floor. Surprised I quickly get out of the stall and look in to the stall where it's coming from. "Oh schnidt!!!!!!! It's some guy leaning his head against the corner of the stall pissing! Shocked

I quickly make my escape to the safety of one of the new lounge chairs and wake-up another camper in the process! They ask me what's going on. I proceed to tell them.

About fifteen minutes pass before "Mr. Sleepwalker" makes his way out of the ladies room and proceeds to walk up the the desk/microwave area and pulls out a chair and sits. We're sitting there watching him trying not to laugh and wake everyone else up. Lo and behold, "Mr. Sleepwalker" starts making the motions as if he was doing pre-flight system checks and then starts flying the plane. My fellow camper and I just sit there and whisper "Oh my God!" Shocked , and fight the urge to burst out in laughter!

We continue to be entertained for another 45 minutes before another camper, a Captian, unaware of Mr. Sleepwalker's actions heads off to take care of business. While he's gone, Mr. Sleepwalker then proceeds to leave his seat and head over to the Captain's chair and make himself comfortable. Captain comes back, see's Mr. Sleepwalker and tries to get him out of his chair. Mr. Sleepwalker wasn't having anything to do with it. He was having too much fun in his "other world". Fellow camper and I whisper to the Captian that he's sleepwalking and it's probably not going to do any good to try and get him out of the chair at this point. About ten minutes later Mr. Sleepwalker must have decided like Goldie Locks and the Three Bears that this chair wasn't quite right for him made his way to another area of the crew room and lay his weary head to rest.

Funny but scary at the same time!

Anyone else with sleepwalker story's to tell?

This chick is sleeping with one eye open next time I'm camping out in the crew room!

Posted by ramper63 at 8:23 PM EST
Wednesday, 6 December 2006
Who's Annoying?!?!?

I'll tell you who's annoying?  A friggen' Reserve flight attendant who has less time here than I do and think she knows it all!  I've been here for six months and I STILL don't know it all!  Sheit!  I'm still learning about the tricks to this side of the business on a daily basis!

While trying to take a nap today in the crew room this broad walks in and announces to the whole room "I'm here on ARC again!  Aren't you all proud of me?  Someone give me a flight now, I want a flight now!  I can't wait to get out of here!"  You know what sweetheart?  I can't wait for you to take your ass out of here too!  No amount of earplugs and eye pathes would do justice to block her annoying persona. 

Then she starts talking about trips..."Oh, and then I had this MHT turn!  Those people are so rude!"  (Thinking to myself..."They were probably so rude to you because you couldn't shut your friggen' pie hole!").

As she kept rambling on I had this pilot sitting next to me getting my attention "...pssst!  (whispers)  I had her on a day trip one time and I hope it was the last! (signals "nuts")."

Solution?  Put on iPOD and enjoy!  (grins)

The only thing I can hope is that the crews that I've flown with don't think I'm that crazy. 

Well, crew tracker just stopped by and wants me to come keep her company for a while.


Posted by ramper63 at 4:58 PM EST
Updated: Wednesday, 6 December 2006 11:37 PM EST
Tuesday, 5 December 2006
What To Say?

Did ARC yesterday.  Got assigned an overnight and a turn for today.  Just returned not too long ago and I'm chillin' in the bat cave.  I think I'm going to grow some roots in the new chairs here for the night.  I'm to friggen' tired to drag the bags to the shuttle are to go to the crew pad.  Wouldn't actually settle in until after midnight.

Off for a nice, quiet slumber now.

Tomorrow's  new day!


Posted by ramper63 at 11:14 PM EST
Updated: Wednesday, 6 December 2006 11:37 PM EST
Sunday, 3 December 2006

Here's more pictures that my daughter took of Prince begging.  The quality isn't that good because they were taken with her cell phone.


Not too sure if you can tell but his left paw is up.  Sure sign to me that he's begging!  :^)


Posted by ramper63 at 9:46 AM EST
Updated: Sunday, 3 December 2006 8:57 PM EST

My daughter caught this candid moment while I was eating breakfast.

Cat thinks he's a dog!  Yes, he's begging!  I'm suprised he wasn't drooling.

Gotta Love 'em!


Posted by ramper63 at 9:00 AM EST
Updated: Sunday, 3 December 2006 8:59 PM EST
"I Knew It!"

Monday's *Schedule:

"Airport Appreciation" - 1400 - 2200

* - Schedule subject to change without notice.

Posted by ramper63 at 8:49 AM EST
Saturday, 2 December 2006
'Round and 'Round She Goes.......
Mood:  suave
Topic: Accomplished

.......Where she parks?  Nobody knows!

I went to the mall tonight to get my hair trimmed, a manicure and pedicure because my 6 month probationary exam and review is due and I wanted to be presentable to the Supervisor.  What the hell?  Took me  20 friggen' minutes to find a parking spot.  Around and around the parking lot I went.

Mission accomplished!  I felt better when it was all done and finished!

Now I'm sitting here sipping on a beer or two to relax after the mayhem.  It's nuts here!  People are yelling and screaming at each other over stupid parking spots.  Get over it!  And while we're at it......."Happy Holidays!"

Until Later!

Posted by ramper63 at 11:40 PM EST
Updated: Sunday, 3 December 2006 8:59 PM EST
Awesome Video
Mood:  suave
Topic: Airline Industry

Here's an awesome video on "YouTube" that a pilot made.  Makes you really think!


 Love the song as well!


Posted by ramper63 at 11:30 PM EST
Updated: Sunday, 3 December 2006 9:00 PM EST

Newer | Latest | Older

Interesting Links
My Home Page

You are not logged in. Log in
Site Meter